The first MPC forum was held on 19 March 2014 in Istanbul. The forum
was attended by stakeholders from Europe and many MPC countries. The
aim of the forum is to develop a comprehensive understanding of the
current transport situations in MPC countries, needs in R&D in urban
mobility, thus to identify key priorities for cooperation with EC on R&D
in urban mobility. Before organising the forum, questionnaires were
circulated to MPC stakeholders to survey their views on current research
topics and priorities on potential projects. Different countries have
different levels of developments and their own social and economic
characteristics and issues. Priorities vary from country to country.
However, common priorities identified in the forum can be summarised
– Encouraging use of public transport
– Educating policy makers and on ITS technologies;
– Development of smart phone apps for travel planners for
commuters and tourists and informing travellers on congestions.
– ITS demonstration projects.
– Disseminating best practices to local;
– Policy study on integrated transport planning and land use;
– Demonstration of use of electric vehicles in public transport
This forum also served as capacity building opportunity for European and
To read the MPC report please click here
To read the site visits in Istanbul, Turkey please click here
This project has received funding from the European Union’s 7th Framework Programme under grant agreement 605580